Sunday, June 05, 2005

I Want to Believe

I never watched the X-Files when it was on telly. I was at Uni and living all over the place and tryin’ to make movies and stuff and I was just never in the right place at the right time on whatever evening it was on.

I never got even slightly obsessed with a diminutive red head. I never had one of those UFO posters in the office. I don’t know the name of Moulders gang of geek buddies. I’ve never used the phrase “The Truth is out There” with conviction. I don’t know the insidious agenda of ‘The Cigarette Smoking Man’. Until reading back of the box (for season one) I though ‘Deep Throat’ was just a movie banned in 23 states.

To be honest, I feel like I’m missing out on something. So, with the help of 3 at a time from Love Film, I hereby pledge to watch them all. All 9 seasons, 201 episodes, from beginning to end.

I’ll let you know how it goes.
Post a Comment