Sunday, July 16, 2006

Houlgate Time

It's that time of the year again.

Time for our usual weekend at Houlgate at Danelaw Village in York.

A weekend of Dark Age food and sitting in the sun doing nowt.

Just me doing the pig this year, and it was a big'un that took 6am to 7pm to be servicable. It looked about 50kg, which was way too much and someone had seriously overbought. I couldn't actually physically lift the damn thing to the fire on my own it was so big.

We usually just go for something 35kg to 40kg an' I gotta admit, it was a long day in the sun by a very hot fire (but with free beer and apple juice to keep me from deydrating) on my own yesterday. I'm knackered and glowing with mild sunburn.

I well enjoyed my 'pigs kidneys butty at breakfast perk' and my tripe and onions in milk which, while hardly the gormet heights, was well enough recieved by them brave enough to give it a go. It was a rubbery blast from the past.

After a chaotic year so far, it was nice to have the break and a spot of honest graft.

Post a Comment