Sunday, April 06, 2008

Last Nights Episode: Partners in Crime

Any educated critique of the 'current world of Who' I will leave in the competent hands of Mr. Lawrence Milles, but I must still have my pound of flesh.

Let me be first to say, it could have been worse. I didn't hate it, but it was no 'Human Nature' either. Thankfully, the utterly shite performance by The Tate that we saw in the trailer was edited around most efficiently, and the plot wasn't as cringe-worthy as initially supposed. Going into this season with expectations lower than a snakes ass in a wagon rut was clearly the right thing to do.

Yes, the ending was schmotzy excrement. Yes, Donna should be hung, drawn and quartered. Yes, every solution involved a sonic screwdriver. The Rose thing just left me cold. But at least I get a new 'Sonic Pen' driver to knock out tomorrow and flog in SL, and there was the nice 'man alone/flying solo' moment when the Doc had nobody to explain the psudo-science/plot to and stood by himself (suitably moody wide shot) in the TARDIS control room.

I'll give it another shot next week, but breath will not be held.

Post a Comment